One of the more extravagant and incredible (on any basis) claims made by
Rossi on his blog is that he is tooling up to manufacture a million E-cats
during calendar year 2012.  Comments on the moletrap forum noted that:

"A million ECats. National Instruments stock must be going up, then. I'd
like to know who is supplying his valves and other stuff like that there.
An order for a million of anything will make a major contribution to the
bottom line of most any company. Unless it's anchovies."

"One million of the 5kW e-cats is only $5 billion dollars of sales.
Assuming a 75% GPM, he only has to come up with $1.25 billion in capital to
finance that. Maybe he got more for his house than I thought. Oh, but of
course, that's what he needs investors for: production capital."

"Maybe I lack imagination, but I am having trouble imagining anyone
anywhere manufacturing one million of anything without significant and
highly visible infrastructure. Who is going to do all this and where? If it
is five guys in a garage in Bologna, they had better get cracking. They
need to build 2 ecats every minute around the clock to meet their goal.
That could seriously cut in on blogging time."

Someone compared the construction of an E-cat or Hyperion to that of a
Toyota automobile and examined the statistics associated with that sort of
endeavor:

"In 2002, Toyota began scouting locations in Alabama, Arkansas,
Mississippi, Tennessee and Texas for a new assembly plant to build the
second generation Tundra pickup.[1] After long deliberations including the
offer of $227 million in subsidies, a 2,000-acre (8.1 km2) site in San
Antonio was selected as the location for the new 2,000,000-square-foot
(190,000 m2) assembly plant.[2][3] Toyota broke ground at the new plant
site on 17 October 2003.[4] During construction, the project evolved from a
simple assembly plant into an automotive production site including several
on-site suppliers which shipped directly to the factory. In addition,
Toyota announced that production capacity, originally planned for 150,000
units per year, would be expanded to 200,000 units. This increase brought
Toyota's investment in the plant to $1.2 Billion. Following four years of
construction, the first new Tundra pickups rolled off the line in November
2006 during a grand-openeing celebration which drew executives, employees
and dealers of Toyota from around the country."

http://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2212&page=693#Item_6

I am amazed that anyone takes Rossi's claim seriously that he will produce
a million units and sell them for under $1500 in 2012.