On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> See:
>
> http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=836
>
> Go down several messages, to the one that begins:
>
> "Every charge of a Hyperion reactor (assuming a single reactor kernel)
> requires approx 10gr of specially prepared Ni powder . . ."
>
> Assuming the Ni or Pd in a cold fusion cell does not transmute, you can
> recycle nearly all of it. It is all sealed up inside the cell, in one
> place, undisturbed. The used cell will be collected by an authorized dealer
> and sent back to a remanufacturing facility. This is unlike the metals in
> many other manufactured items.

I am absolutely astounded that anyone really cares about this compared to
other possible concerns about this presumed technology or about other
wastes in other places.   10 grams of nickel for 6 or more months or
providing what? -- a dozen or more kilowatts continuously?  And it isn't
even used up?  And someone actually worries about this?  Ridiculous.
Compared to, for example, nickel cadmium batteries, the use of nickel for
nuclear fusion would be completely and totally trivial and the least of any
worries such devices might have.  Why is this worth talking about?  Do you
have any idea how much nickel we use now?