Right,
I mean the battery need only to allow the vehicle to move on the highway,
while the LENR engine is cold...

I don't know well the power need of cars. I just look at current hybrid
cars power to get reasonable values.

25kW when running cold is a good news.
I assume this mean that when engine is cold the driver have to keep cool ?
maybe this even mean that you could design the car to need only 25kW on the
highway ...
the battery could help to peak 50kW peak power when overtaking
highway are no more formula one rings for teenagers.

this mean that the parallel hybrid would need :
- a good turbine with 20% efficiency, and >25kW sustain power
- a LENR reactor of >125kW thermal (25 hyperion cores, 250g Ni, 160g H,
about 10L 200bar bottle , if scaling like hyperion-x5 25kW)
- electric engine/generator of 25kW
- battery of power 25kW, and capacity 5-15 minutes : 2-6kWh. by the way
high power/capacity call for super-capacitors or maybe LiFePO4 batteries

battery are no more a big problem , compared to electric dominant hybrid
today.
if using LiFePO4, less problem with cobalt, will be good for Kivu, rwanda
and Congo