  From: Alain Sepeda
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Kiplinger Letter, Jan 6 2012, Topic: ENERGY

  in the discussion about cars and e-cat/defkalion
  I was assuming time to switch on of about 5 minute, taken from defkalion
(most of my computation are from defkalion hyperion)

  today rossi give an answer about time to switch on/off

http://faq.ecat.com/115733/will-an-e-cat-be-able-to-be-switched-on-and-off-easily-and-if-so-is-that-a-quick-process/
  for his e-cat it is about 1 hour:

    On and off will take 1 hour, but the operation will be modulable

  it has a strong impact on the design of an hybrid car, meaning that it should
work on battery for 1 hour.

  note that 5 minute is very similar to diesel time for warmup (in the old
time, when Boy George was a star).
  1 hour is very bad for vehicle, however maybe it is a design choice by
rossi/NI linked to the use as heater.

  Defkalion seem (am I wrong?) to have designer a faster reactior, but we
should check.