On 01/09/2012 11:13 PM, OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson wrote:
Thanks Mauro,

Would you say that the number of protons and electrons being ejected from
the sun remains relatively equal?

I was just thinking about that. I think that the total number of expelled protons must be greater than the number of electrons, to effectively establish an overall electric current with the surroundings, which tries to compensate for the charge disbalance. Electrons are coming in from the surrounding space, and an equilibrium point (at the charge level) should exist somewhere in between, probably located in the reaches of the solar system. That place must be very interesting to study, because there protons and electrons are rejoined. That place would be the (invisible) counterpart of our visible Sun, by the way. And that also gives a more approximate idea of the real Sun, which is comprised by the whole thing. I was also thinking that electromagnetic emission (that is, the Sun's emitted light) can be producing (or contributing to) the charge disbalance in the first place, by gradually depleting the Sun of negative charges. But I'm not sure, because I don't know enough about electromagnetism yet.

Regards,
Mauro