>From Mauro:

> I was just thinking about that. I think that the
> total number of expelled protons must be greater
> than the number of electrons, to effectively establish
> an overall electric current with the surroundings,
> which tries to compensate for the charge disbalance.

If something like that is happening within the sun it seems to me that
this results in a charge imbalance. Regardless of whether the charge
imbalance is positive or negative it seems to me that the aggregate
electrostatic force could counter the weaker gravity forces. It
puzzles me that a speculated imbalance of electrostatic forces doesn't
end up counteracting the weaker gravity forces and cause our sun to
rip itself apart. Of course, for selfish reasons, I'm glad such an
Armageddon doesn't happen! In any case, it suggests to me that any
electrostatic charge imbalance that may exist within the sun must not
be significant enough to counteract the weaker gravity forces.

Perhaps sun spots and corona discharges ARE examples of electrostatic
charge imbalances attempting to re-balance the surrounding area by
"exploding" away. Maybe electrostatic imbalances DO happen, but
fortunately for us, on a less disastrous scale as far as we earthlings
are concerned.

Of course, there is also the distinct possibility that something else
is going on here... something that I haven't taken into account. I
suspect that's most likely the case. I don't claim to be a fizzix
exp'prt.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com