Hi Jones,

Actually I largely agree with your position. I too think that fusion reactions
are unlikely in this case (though not impossible). I'm trying to keep an open
mind here. Note also that I think the H+H->D reaction is very unlikely because
the reaction cross section is incredibly small. The only reason for my previous
post was that you were so adamant that it was ruled out.

You answer that here below yourself....

>Realistically, in terms of known probabilities - one might be better off
>invoking proton decay than either W&L or H-H fusion, or even Ni-H -> Cu.
>
>I do not understand why so many vorticians seem so desirous to find a
>nuclear reaction here as the main source of excess heat, when good testing
>shows no gammas (not just low, but none) and the Swedes found no radioactive
>transmutation in the ash, and Rossi has proven to dishonest over and over
>again (his supposed belief in Ni transmutation is worthless). Plus no
>deuterium or neutrons are seen.
>
>It must be a holdover from years of following Pd-D - where there is ample
>transmutation, ample helium or tritium and moderate gammas. Were it not for
>our shared background in Pd-D, then it would be absurd to suggest any type
>of nuclear reaction is happening, based on the weight of evidence in the
>record.
>
>Yes, I do appreciate that Robin's angle (usually) is that Mills' shrinkage
>to a maximal state obviates many of the problems with EC. There is no huge
>problem with that, other than Mills' reputation.

...right here.

>But if one tries to
>conflate the Mills modality with the known type of EC, thus to avoid the
>negativity of Mills to the fizzix mainstream, then if makes little sense to
>me- how that can help.

You appear to be confusing physics with politics.
(Whether or not mainstream physicists accept a theory has nothing to do with
whether or not nature uses it.)

>At the risk of becoming overly repetitious, at a time where repetition is
>not in favor here, the preponderance of evidence points Ni-H being a
>different beast than Pd-D, predominantly non-fusion, non-weak-force. The
>best evidence, going back to the early nineties (Thermacore) points to
>substantial thermal gain with few gammas, no neutrons, no neutron
>activation, no deuterium, tritium or helium ash, and very little 'real'
>transmutation. The copper and iron seen is easily explainable as
>electro-migration, a common phenomenon, since it is found in the natural
>isotopic ratios.
>
>Jones

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk