Mary Yugo wrote:

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM, <mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the price of the 10 kW modules is just a projected price, and is
> probably more likely to be a manufacturing cost price than what he can
> really
> sell them for. Furthermore, I think that when the factory for the small
> units
> really kicks into high gear, the price of the 1 MW units will come down
> accordingly.
>
> >Sorry if this was discussed and I missed it but a new set of "Rossi says"
> >is creating cognitive dissonance in several places.
> >

> >Rossi says on his blog that the price of his so-called megawatt plant has
> >been "reduced" from $2 million to $1.5 million.   But he projects that
> >starting within a year, his 10kW  devices will sell for $50/kW.   $50 per
> >kW is only $50,000 per megawatt.  Why would anyone pay a million and a
> half
> >dollars for something you could assemble yourself, albeit in a more
> modular
> >form for $50,000?

This is truly idiotic comment. Yugo does not understand the first thing
about business or technology. I am glad I blocker her message.

This is like asking anyone would buy a Data General Supernova minicomputer
in 1979, knowing that in a few years personal computers would become
available with far better price/performance ratios. In the 1970s and early
80s I knew lots of companies that purchased Data General supernovas and MV
8000s, and DEC computers of similar types. I programmed them. The customers
and I and everyone else knew perfectly well that minicomputers would soon
knock their socks off. We were looking forward to it. I *owned* a
minicomputer, with 4 kB of ram. I used to show it to minicomputer
users. However, in the meanwhile, before the deluge of microcomputers hit,
those companies got every dime's worth of value out of the machines they
purchased.

The same thing applies to the people who purchased early model automobiles
and truck, airplanes, copy machines, supercomputers of the 1960s which had
about as much computing power as today's cellphones, and every other
technology of the last 200 years. It always goes obsolete quickly. For some
users, for some purposes, it is worth buying anyway.