Yamali,

450 deg C E-Cats 1 MW industrial plants are not 60 deg C 10 kW home E-Cats. You can use just about any coolant at 60 deg C. At 450 deg C you are talking about molten salts. Whole different set of engineering challenges.

The home E-Cat is probably just a squashed version of the copper Door Knob earlier reactor, cleaned up a bit. Nothing there. Simple as it can get. Probably straight through flow path with some internal fins for better heat transfer. Easy Peazie. Most will run at around 60 deg C. No steam or high pressure. Plastic pipe and click fittings stuff. Well ok a bit more but not much. Most new Aussie HW systems are plumbed in plastic today.

However dealing with 450 deg C coolant is not simple nor easy. High pressures and high temperatures. Very different beast that can bite hard if something breaks or goes wrong.

AG

On 1/15/2012 10:58 PM, Yamali Yamali wrote:
>> This is like asking anyone would buy a Data General Supernova minicomputer in 1979, knowing that in a few years personal computers would become available with far better price/performance ratios.

Analogies like that don't apply. Early computers were expensive but there was no alternative. Yes, people knew that raw computing power per dollar would rocket sky high in few years - and yet they just had to buy the expensive stuff if they wanted the work done right then. All Rossi's machines do is produce heat. You can have that from hundreds of cheap devices and all Rossi's device has over them is a theoretical cost advantage in the (very) long run. So why would anybody buy unproven technology today that eventually breaks even in a couple of years when even the manufacturer himself says that the price is going to drop dramatically in a fraction of that time? It doesn't make any sense what so ever. Except if you do NOT want people to buy the expensive machines but keep them waiting for another year or so. I can only interpret Rossi's current talk about super-cheap e-cats in the near future as an elaborate excuse for not selling anything today.