Gold cannot be made from lead though fusion, it would require fission.
There isn't much point making gold from platinum, I presume.

To make Cu out of Ni though the Rossi claimed scheme it would release
3.4 GWh of heat per produced kg of Copper, that's an entirely new form
of climate pollution! Unless you use that energy to make water out of
gold of course :-)