Initially may be able to speed the rate of experimentation using an array
of samples all subjected to the same heating and pressurisation cycles.
 Set out multiple test powders in an array within a reaction chamber and
use an IR (or maybe visible spectrum at more useful elevated temps) camera
to assess which samples get hotter than the others.  This would let you
quickly and cheaply work through 1000's of material or processing variants
rapidly with a single instrumented reactor set-up, though you might have
some issues with volatile compounds migrating around the reaction chamber.
 This is sort of what is done for initial stage drug screening studies.

You could also offer it as a cheap test facility to external researchers -
eg $50-100 a test on their material to be put through a standard vacuum,
heating and H2 pressurisation test cycle over a few days, or offer a
variety of test plans that will be executed each month.