<mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:

> I think they are willing to do a calorimetric test (which is relatively
> quick
> and cheap), probably for free . . .

No point to doing that now. They should just fly to Athens and test the
Defkalion "bare" reactor.

This whole business is winding down. Once the first independent results
from Defkalion are published, we will be "at the end of the beginning," and
Winston Churchill put it.

Defkalion was delayed for various good reasons. I think they are sincere,
they will proceed soon, and the results will show beyond any doubt that the
effect is real. Of course it will not convince the skeptics or the mass
media, but it will increase interest in the field and funding by a huge
factor. If we have funding we don't need the mass media.

Judging by the number of readers and visits to LENR-CANR.org, interest in
the field is at all-time highs. I expect it will increase by a factor of 10
soon, and then by a factor of thousands. I will be swamped with readers,
and I will have difficulty paying the ISP. That is the kind of problem I
would love to have.