My suspicion is that our use of radio for communication would be considered
extremely ancient to any civilizations that may be monitoring us.  The changes
in carrier modulation that have occurred just within the last 50 years has been
astounding.

Any relatively nearby civilization(100 light years) would most likely be
millions of years removed from us in technology.  I can not even begin to
speculate as to where our world will find itself in that amount of time if we
are still around to ponder things.

So, are there other means of communications that exist of which we are unaware?
 How well do we in fact understand the physical world?  It was not that long
ago when the laser was invented....such a simple in principle device that could
have been discovered over 100 years earlier.  Now we are watching expectantly
as LENR devices are about to become accepted within the physics community so
reluctantly.

On many occasions I give consideration to the questions that most haunt me: How
many wonderful discoveries are there waiting for us to uncover?  How can I help
to bring these into fruition?  Only time will reveal what lies just beyond our
reach, but I think the journey along the path toward the future will be
exciting.

Dave