Well if they use some kind of quantum entanglement transmission, how could we
eavesdrop on them ?

So far our RF cone extends 100 light years behind us  (  >0
Quite a catch for a random alien in our galaxy to be at the receiving end,
anyway if by chance some random alien picked up our signal which would only
last as long as he stays inside the cone, then he has to compute where to
reply, he probably would send something like, "Sorry we're busy right now,
please call back later".
So besides SETI attempts, what would be our best chance to detect ET life?
At least, i think they should emit low amounts of infrared (You've got to stay
warm in winter, right), some kind of heat signature, but to see something you
must be inside their cone, what do you think ?