One, the fact is that when it comes to me standing up for my principles, I
don't care what people think about me. I would rather they think favorably of
me, but if they do not I am not going to let it change my behavior. I have been
called all sorts of names for supporting my various beliefs, but I kept on
going. I kept on going when it made me an outcast. I eventually embraced it and
realized that when people react strongly against you, that is a sign you were
bold enough in your declaration of values. If no one opposes you or reacts
negatively, you were either preaching to the choir, or cowardly in your
presentation.

Secondly, when it comes to divorce and marriage, I think the moment someone has
sexual relations with someone who is not the spouse the marriage is broken.
First of all, it is broken spiritually. This is my personal religious belief. I
think the spiritual connection that makes a couple married is cut. Secondly, I
think the relationship is severely damaged even on a non-spiritual level. It
will be very difficult for one partner to trust the other. I don't think the
person who was cheated on will ever view the cheater in the same way again.
Third, there are all kinds of other issues to do with. For example, the FACT
that if someone cheats once they are likely to cheat again.

If a couple wants to stay married that is one thing, but I think it is
unprincipled. I am not married and have never been, but if I were married and
my spouse cheated on me, I would strive to get the divorce done and over with
ASAP.  Thankfully, I've not been in a situation this horrible personally, but
I've been in other situations were principled decisions yielded significant
consequences.

Of course if a couple are not Christian and have an "open marriage" and
have no problem with sex outside the confounds of marriage, then
"cheating" is not an issue at all.

Third, I am a Christian, but many Christians are not real Christians. For
example, consider the countless neo-cons in the United States that promote the
idea of going to war with Iran and other Middle Eastern nations. They are rabid
about this, and despise liberals. I have brought up the fact that many so
called Christians have turned into blood thirsty warmongers by supporting wars
with Iran and other nations, and have been attacked for it. I know how
Christians think about this issue.

Fourth, the simple fact is that when it comes to certain issues, there can be
no ethical compromise. My religious views on marriage is one example. Standing
up for rights and freedoms (property rights) is another example.

For many things there is a need for compromise. But when it comes to rights and
freedoms there is no room for compromise.