I know nothing about video files, but for web authoring, I have been
assimilated by the Borg and I have just about finished transferring
everything to WordPress. I am using a minimalist, ultra-clean version:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/

This should be finished in a few days. I am going to cut out the the black
plane and make it full-width. I need to fix a few glitches. The images that
click to expand keep showing up in different formats, and the lists of
papers keep changing format.

This is based on:

http://www.studiopress.com/themes/genesis

It is clean and well written compared to other Themes. Be sure you follow
instructions and use the sample blank "child" theme. This company has
several populated themes as well.

With modern software you have work to keep it simple. You have to
ruthlessly prune out options, mainly by remarking out stuff in the
parameter file (syle.css). Rococo complexity is the norm. For example, this
Theme came with quoted text in a strange font, with the text in grey shown
in an off-white background, making it impossible to read. Who does that?!
Why? Add a few of these /*   */ to style.css and bingo, that's gone.

The thing about WordPress is that there are a zillion group-sourced add-on
utilities for it: the "plugins" and "widgets." Some are free, some at
minimal cost. You find one for just about any purpose. Most of the ones I
have found are not comprehensive or of good quality, but they cover a
broader range of applications than any single-source software could
provide, even from a company as big as Microsoft.

Look for video related plug-ins here, or with Google:

http://wordpress.org/

See if you find something suitable.