I stand corrected in this case.  Of course I do not think that the ECAT is some
form of heat pump, but the total demonstrated effeciency is  close to that of a
heat pump.  Why buy a new technology that merely replaces a reliable one
currently on the market?  By comparison, DGT suggests that they demonstrate a
device that far exceeds the performance of any form of  heat pump.

I was mainly expressing the concern that it becomes increasingly possible to
muddy the water regarding performance as the level of gain drops.  At some
level it becomes impossible to regenerate the electricity required to make the
device operate.  I have not calculated that value, but I suspect it would be
between 3 and 6 at the output temperature of the ECAT(120 C)  that has been
demonstrated.  Perhaps some of the collective members have performed that
calculation and might show their figures.

There is no heat pump theory requirement that prevents them from working at the
hundreds of degree temperature levels as far as I know.  This is an operating
fluid characteristic.  We use the standard fluids today in home systems based
upon our comfort levels and the atmosphere, not limited by theory.  I suspect
that there are industrial applications that operate at far higher temperature
levels.  It would be interesting for vort members to make a list of the ones
that they are aware of and their modes of operation.

Dave