Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> No, the military would have investigated, and probably did investigate.

I doubt it. There are dozens or hundreds of similar reports every year. The
military does not have the people or the inclination to investigate them.

> They'd have checked out his reports of the paramedics and the Hazmat team,
> they'd have reviewed his medical records, and they'd have obtained samples
> from his lab. If there was anything to this, he'd have been ordered to keep
> quiet about it . . .

Unless you are serving in the military, it cannot order you to do anything.
The U.S. military has no authority over civilians except in war and
emergencies, such as floods, when the National Guard has been deployed.

Months ago, someone here said that NASA is investigating a claim and they
will have to "decide" whether the government should suppress it, or what
policy should be taken. That's absurd. NASA is not a policy making agency.
That's like saying the Census Bureau will decide whether to let the
population grow. Even if NASA did set policy, no agency can make up
unconstitutional rules.

> , the technology would have been appropriated by the goverment . . .

The U.S. government cannot "appropriate" things at will. There has been
some talk here about the government ordering patents to be kept secret.
People who know about patents have told me that is a myth. I wouldn't know,
but I doubt the government can suppress information. If it did not grant
you a patent, you could simply publish the entire patent application on the
Internet, perhaps in a foreign country.

If you are not enrolled in the military or the CIA, and you have not signed
an NDA or other secrecy agreement with a corporation or agency, you can
tell anyone you like about just about anything. There are some commonsense
rules about revealing military secrets or dangerous chemical and biological
formulas, such as the DNA of virulent avian influenza. Other than that it
is a free country, and even if it isn't, many other countries are, and the
Internet is everywhere.