At 10:03 AM 3/29/2012, David Roberson wrote:

I think the government officials in power most likely do not believe LENR is real and therefore are not too concerned with secrecy. The international work being performed upon the concepts prevents them from having significant control in any case.

The position of the U.S. goverment is a bit unclear. The reality of LENR hasn't been well publicized, even though a turn obviously happened sometime around 2004.

I do suspect that they would change their position and actions quickly if anyone develops a technique that leads to dangerous weaponry. I hope that this will never be possible and most of the evidence points in that direction.

The context of this discussion is the claim of Le Clair. That's not LENR, I'll keep repeating. This is quite clear. It might be hot fusion, it might be a schizophrenic fantasy, but LENR, it isn't. It isn't "Low-energy." The effect is happening from bubble collapse, which means really, really hot.

Except for what might happen with rarity on the level of "maybe a few times in the history of the universe" -- or rarer -- the reactions involved in LENR could not occur in plasma conditions, they require the influence of condensed matter, which can't exist at those temperatures.

We still don't know what, specifically, is allowing LENR. There are plenty of theories, but it's quite difficult to investigate. Plasma physics is well known, because you can literally see what is happening. How can you tell what is happening in a palladium lattice?

NiH reactions open up some possibilities for exploration, but ... I haven't even seen helium results from Arata's PdD work (which is similar in being gas loaded). It's like we are blind. We need to see much more.

More basic science, less jumping up and down from visions of cheap energy, which are not likely to be realized until we have a much better idea of what's actually going on.