On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

 San Francisco is one of those so-called “liberal” localities - where
> public “light pollution” is a real issue overriding lowest cost- and sodium
> lamps are favored for this – but I do not know for a fact that these are of
> that type (however they do look to be “sodium yellow” in the image)

You see different lighting used in different municipalities, of course.  I
recently went through San Jose for the first time during nighttime, and the
lighting was very yellow and very weak (for others -- San Jose is down at
the southern end of the San Francisco Bay area).  It was disconcerting, and
I didn't enjoy it at all.  I was happy to be out of San Jose shortly
afterwards.  I hope this does not become the trend.

Eric