 Von: Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com>
An: Vortex Listserve <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Gesendet: 16:50 Dienstag, 1.Mai 2012
Betreff: RE: [Vo]:New York Times- Link to : Quantum Fusion - Brillouin

Before long, the New York Times will be but a room of servers. The editors will
be relegated to choosing computer-generated stories from those "most
recommended" for their target demographic. At least they'll have fewer typos.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/04/can-an-algorithm-write-a-better-news-story-than-a-human-reporter/

Narrative Science’s CTO and cofounder, Kristian Hammond, works in a small
office just a few feet away from the buzz of coders and engineers. To Hammond,
these stories are only the first step toward what will eventually become a news
universe dominated by computer-generated stories. How dominant? Last year at a
small conference of journalists and technologists, I asked Hammond to predict
what percentage of news would be written by computers in 15 years. At first he
tried to duck the question, but with some prodding he sighed and gave in: “More
than 90 percent.”

Cheers,

R.L.