I have revised this paper again to clean up problems with the Acrobat
program image compression:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanthermalbeh.pdf

I went ahead and retyped 14 pages at the end.

I mentioned the tale of woe & rejection in this paper, starting on p.
239. If you wish learn how and why cold fusion papers are rejected, or if
you just feeling ruining the rest of your day, read this. Search for the
word "dishpan."

Or search for Kel-F, starting at this phrase:

"Kel-F is electrochemically active, being used as the anode in some
batteries."

Note that Kel-F is inert, non-conducting plastic. That's the whole point of
it. See:

http://www.complast.com/kel-f/neoflon.htm

This is one of the few complete records of the rejection of a cold fusion
paper. Mel Miles is a persistent person who saves his correspondence. In
most cases, the authors threw away rejection letters. For the past 15 years
or so, most of them have not bothered sending in papers, because the
response is a 1-page form letter.

The most idiotic rejection letter I have ever seen is here:

http://lenr-canr.org/Collections/Lindley.jpg

This vies for the most idiotic science-related letter I have ever seen in
any category. This document also courtesy Mel Miles, who drew the vertical
lines on first page emphasizing the most outrageous nonsense.