The video is an external view --- showing that the centers of the two galaxies
have several encounters before settling into an ellipse.

Roughly Best to Worst :

1. Sol+Planets stay in a similar position. (pretty much as illustrated in the
NASA slides)

2. Sol+Planets get expelled far out -- safe, an excellent view, but lonely --
for a while, though when one comes back things might get too interesting (eg
#5).

3. Sol+Planets pass through a dust cloud -- they're actually pretty thin, so at
most there would be more meteorites. Nothing like the "bombardments" in early
history. Also a bit dull -- one would only see the local stars, and then either
darkness or a nebula from the inside. I don't think that a new planetary disk
would form.

4. Sol+Planets get disrupted, and Earth leaves the Goldilocks zone. eg binary
system mentioned by Eric.

5. Sol+Planets get displaced towards the galactic center(s). Black holes merge,
with associated radiation.