It is amazing how the LENR effects are so quickly dismissed, especially
considering the overwhelming amount of supporting data.  I suspect that the
reasons for ignoring it are not altogether evident.  In any case it will have
its opportunity to shine in the very near future.

My understanding regarding the speed of light is that it is constant relative
to any observer.  This makes perfect sense  when I consider Maxwell's equations
as applied to me as an arbitrary observer.  The electric and magnetic fields
associated with the moving energy wave are not allowed to have different time
domain relationships depending upon the motion of the external source.  Some
people speculate that the local gravitational and other fields act as a form of
ether, but this has not been shown to be accurate.

The motion of the source of the original electromagnetic wave does have the
benefit of the additional speed in a matter of speaking.  He sees the
stationary frame distances as shorter in the direction of his emitted signal
and it thus take less time to travel.  The muon life extension tests support
this observation.  An observer ridding upon the muon would see its lifetime as
normal (6.4 uSec) but the distance it covers along a stationary frame would be
far in excess of what is expected if it were moving at a speed of 99.94% of
light during its typical life span.  Wikipedia has a pretty good article about
these experiments.

It would be interesting if the value of c (light speed) were slowly changing
over time.  If true, that would certainly foul up the understanding of relative
motion of things as time progresses.  There may be ways to detect this
phenomenon by observing the red shift of objects that are rotating and of very
large physical size such as far away galaxies.  I do not know.

The model that I played with would actually allow for the expansion of the
universe.  As gravitational energy is released into the condensing matter due
to inward motion, another large region surrounding it would see greater pull
away.  Someone with much superior math capability than I might be able to
determine that a system as I am describing would form bubble like structures or
filaments between active condensation zones as the semi-uniform mass
distributions were pushed away by the reduced gravitational energy.  There are
many very interesting possibilities to consider.  I can imagine that minor
rotation vortexes within the initial mass distribution would interact in such a
way as to create mirror rotational images which would allow for the
conservation of angular momentum of the total structure.   It is easy to get
lost in endless speculation when it is not supported by a rock solid model.

Dave