On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com>wrote:

> one hypothesis about "normal isotopic ratio" in transmuted copper, is that
> the result is the same as nature, because the process is the same...
> Larsen talk about R and S nucleosynthetis process, not so different from
> WL (or similar neutron or hydrino absorption)

I think the rate of flux is an important variable.  With a high flux, the
isotope ratios that result after everything has settled will be different
than with those after an anemic flux.  It is possible that you would need a
similar flux to what occurs during r-process nucleosynthesis in supernovae
to get similar ratios.  Such a flux is generally very high.  But another
variable here is the speed of the neutrons.  I suppose those emanating from
a supernova will be traveling very fast, and if you had much slower ones,
the flux might not need to be high to get comparable ratios.

Ed Storms brings up an excellent point about neutron-based explanations.
 Here is my elaboration:  it is true that the neutron-capture cross section
goes way down when the neutrons are very slow.  But that's a relative
change of what is normally measured at higher energies, and even with a
hypothesized momentum near or at zero, the cross section will not be
infinite.  So there will be some elastic collisions with atoms in the
environment, and some of the neutrons can be expected to thermalize and
exit the system.  You would then expect to see a substantial number of
these be picked up in a detector, but this is not seen.

Eric