Your question of whether Rossi or W-L are correct (if either is) made me
want to check whether a cascade of neutron captures suggested by W-L were
consistent with Rossi's reports.

Using the data from the wiki-page on masses and half-lives for Ni-isotopes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_nickel
-- it appears that the sequence of neutron captures are all exothermic -
58Ni
  | (8.2 Mev)
59Ni
  | (10.5 Mev)
60Ni
  | (7.0 Mev)
61Ni               (energy released)
  | (9.8 Mev)
62Ni
  | (6.1 Mev)
63Ni
  | (8.9 Mev)
64Ni
65Ni ---------- 65Cu (stable)
  | (8.1 Mev)
66Ni ---------- 66Cu ------ 66Zn (stable)

(The ~780 Kev cost of electron capture is subracted from energy figures.)
>From 58Ni through 64Ni, half-lives are very long.
After 66Ni, half-lives become too short to provide much transmutation "ash".

If we start with off-the-shelf Ni (normal isotopic mix), it looks like
very little Cu63 would result, but there could be significant amounts of
65Cu and some 66Zn.  The distribution of 58Ni-64Ni should show enhanced
concentrations of the heavier Ni-isotopes.

Rossi claims he use Ni enriched in 62Ni and 64Ni in the e-cat.  Unless
they have significantly larger cross-sections to capture low energy
neutrons, the enrichment would probably not help if W-L neutrons are
responsible.

(The Lattice Energy website on "Nickel-Seed LENR Networks" that may have a
more complete analysis than mine.)

Rossi claims the e-cat LENR results from Ni-proton capture.

-- Lou Pagnucco