Ah! It's soapbox time! Let me step on top of mine!

I suspect that if the prospects of robotics and LENR, or one of the
LENR cousins, pans out in the near future the concept of what money
represents to individuals, companies, and government circles will also
have to evolve with the times. Perhaps dramatically so.

For thousands of years, as the concept of money and currency evolved
in our world it has all too often been used (I'd say abused) in
efforts to amass wealth along with the vestiges of power that go along
with it by small elite groups of individuals who are more adept than
the average person at amassing such artifacts. IMHO, the single most
egregious problem "money" has created in our society is the fact that
people attribute "wealth" and "power" to pieces of coins or paper
currency. Because they perceive "wealth" and "power" as linked to
pieces of coins and paper currency they have done a very good job of
keeping these commodities scarce, artificially so, which in turn keeps
such artifacts constantly in high demand. (Think of the monopoly De
Beers has artificially created over the diamond trade.)

I think most of us have gotten the concept of money turned half-assed
backwards. Too many of us forget the fact that money in truth only
represents potential wealth & power. We forget is the fact that money
is only worth something when it is actively being used in transactions
between interested parties in order to purchase and/or exchange
artifacts of wealth & power among interested parties. When money is
not actively being used in such a manner, when money is sitting around
in a person's wallet, it has absolutely no value in itself. Granted,
few of this belief that... considering the number of individuals that
can a make a living as self-employed pickpockets in the world, but
that is the truth.

If something as disruptive as LENR were suddenly to come along and
cause many of societies' products and services such as energy, food,
the basic products associated with survival and a means to a decent
living to become ubiquitous it will wreak havoc with a small group of
individuals who have made a very good living at controlling the supply
of coins and paper currency that historically had always been used to
control the scarcity of these articles. Their "services" will no
longer be needed.

IMHO, LENR will not only be responsible for a huge paradigm shift in
the redistribution of energy, it will also be largely responsible for
the redistribution of political power back into the hands of
individuals and their respective local communities.

My virtual 2 cents.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com