Hadn't noticed but Akira linked to Celani's report above.
http://www.22passi.it/downloads/PresICCF17_NewA3A.pdf

Excellent level of detail, including exact alloy used (isotan44, a constant
electrical resistivity alloy) should allow for many replication attempts -
and just one flawless public replication experiment could change this field
forever.

Virgin wires didn't work.  Preparation methodology of metal surface isn't
totally clear, though there are many hints.  Talks of resistively heating
to 1000°C + with rapid cooling, I guess it is something to do with
oxidising and reducing the surface, as selective formation of CuO is
mentioned, but he also talks of acid etching.  Temperatures only 250-400°C
peak, pressures up to 8bar peak (initially Ar-H mix, then all H).  If Rossi
is any guide there may be more to come at higher temperatures.

I would guess that knowing the alloy used there are likely to be a ton of
people soon experimenting with this material.  And it should not be hard to
make a nano-powder out of it, or try exposing it to a plasma source (like a
spark plug).

Exciting times.