From: Kelley Trezise

                Long time lurker. Hope I'm using this correctly. Looked at
the video of the Papp Engine and just thought I might add that I am always a
little ill at ease when I don't see an energy balance on a system that
people are claiming to produce net energy out. I saw Rossi's rough data from
last year and as it had the blessing of two physicists I was able to show
some faith in him and his system, however strange his behavior and
outlandish the claims. But here I see little but some guys in a garage
building another magical magnetic motor thingy with no data backing up their
claims.

Yes, all the red flags of the typical free energy scam are there - including
the glaring lack of data, unsubstantiated hype and reliance on anecdote. No
sophisticated investor would get near this one.

However, the larger and more interesting question for Vorticians probably
goes to the issue of "heat engines" in general, or lack thereof in this
instance.

This version of Papp is apparently not a heat engine and does not depend on
an external heat sink for a Carnot spread, but instead is claimed to operate
in an unknown thermodynamic regime. Yet no one in the history of science has
demonstrated conclusively that a gainful non-heat engine is feasible in the
real world - for continued operation (aside from gravity power which is
always lossy).

Note: You can always get a single impressive "pop" from a plasma
discharge... which these guys love to demo. Ironic in a way ! since the real
Papp pronounced his name "pop".

Here is a newish site claiming to have such a cold engine:
http://www.kuostech.com/?page_id=6
Long on promise and short on data... sound familiar?

In past years on this forum - whenever Papp came up, as it has dozens of
times, the known concept of "entropic explosion" is usually mentioned. This
is a type chemical explosive which does not release heat during the
explosion, so it is entropic. It has the potential to be a cold engine,
except for a few details. Like gravity, it operates in a hole, so to speak.

Almost always with entropic explosions, peroxides are involved. One type is
common for automotive safety "airbags" where the rapid expansion of gases
must be kept cool to protect the passengers.

If this version of the Papp engine works at all, even unreliably but for
more than one or two pops, it will likely be via either an entropic
explosion of DCE. Now they have to get by with a hidden electric motor (the
kind Feynman thought he was unplugging)

But there is also Casimir cooling. The DCE or dynamical Casimir effect can
operate as a heat sink, so who knows? Dirac named his "sea," which what some
now refer to as ZPE, as a "negative energy" field.