It is not good form to kick a man once he is down.  Why not just cease the
battle and get back to useful posting?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Aug 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Unsubscribe

At 01:11 AM 8/11/2012, Jojo Jaro wrote:

This was beautiful. The "computer expert" who had no clue about lossy
compression (calling it "lousy compression," which is the opposite of
what it is), who didn't know how to express scientific notation in
ASCII text, blaming, instead, the "primitive" software of this
mailing list -- which is simply standard mailing list software,
albeit old -- also doesn't know how to follow intructions to
unsubscribe from a mailing list.

Let's hope he figured it out.

His last post, a few seconds before he attempted to unsubscribe, had,
as a reply to Eric Walker:

>But I am tired of this.  You may have the last word.  I will not be
>posting this forum anymore.  You may celebrate.  You win.  Go ahead
>and destroy this fine forum with your off-topic posts just to "gab
>with friends".

He'd also written in response to me that:

>[...] You have succeeded in wearing me down with your useless words.
>
>So, I'll let you have the last word. [...]

Someone who sincerely intends to let someone else "have the last
word" will listen to it, then refrain from responding. "You may have
the last word" uttered while making a speech and then walking out of
the room before anyone can respond is pure hypocrisy. It is far, far
from gracious.

Jojo did not necessarily intend to let us know that he'd actually
unsubscribed. This was, then, a clumsy mistake.

If someone writes, critizing my behavior with Jojo, I'll read it.
I'll respond if requested to do so. If I have a question, I'll ask
it. Otherwise, a critic may have the last word.