Once matter collapses it will still obey quantum mechanic and thermodynamic
laws.  I am going to do some calculations and see what I come up with.

Once matter collapses, it is no longer part of this unicerse, and as such,
no longer obeys quantum mexhanics and thermodynamic laws.

A *gravitational singularity* or *spacetime singularity* is a location
where the quantities that are used to measure the
gravitational<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational>field become
infinite <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity> in a way that does not
depend on the coordinate system. These quantities are the scalar invariant
curvatures <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curvature_of_Riemannian_manifolds>of
spacetime, which includes a measure of the density of matter.

According to general
relativity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity>,
the initial state of the universe <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe>,
at the beginning of the Big Bang <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang>,
was a singularity. Both general
relativity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity>and quantum
mechanics <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics> break down in
describing the Big Bang, but in general, quantum mechanics does not permit
particles to inhabit a space smaller than their wavelengths. Another type
of singularity predicted by general relativity is inside a black
hole<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole>:
any star <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star> collapsing beyond a certain
point (the Schwarzschild
radius<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius>)
would form a black hole, inside which a singularity (covered by an event
horizon) would be formed, as all the matter would flow into a certain point
(or a circular line, if the black hole is rotating). This is again
according to general relativity without quantum mechanics, which forbids
wavelike particles entering a space smaller than their wavelength. These
hypothetical singularities are also known as curvature singularities.

If a singularity would ever form on earth, that would be the end of earth
in this universe.

Cheers:    Axil