In reply to  Akira Shirakawa's message of Thu, 30 Aug 2012 01:32:07 +0200:
Hi,

One drawback I foresee is that by packing them all together in a small
container, he is making it difficult to replace an individual unit "on the fly".
IOW it may be difficult to extract a single defective unit while keeping the
rest running. That implies losing the only advantage that exists by ganging
multiple small units together to form a large one.


>On 2012-08-30 00:31, Jojo Jaro wrote:
>
>> I did some rough calculations.  With diameter of the cylinder at 1.2 m,
>> the area is 1.13 m2.  Assuming that the coolant pipes take up about 50%
>> if this area, and fitting remaining area with 100 reactors.   Each
>> reactor would have a diameter of 4.2 cm.  Each 4.2 cm dia. reactor would
>> be producing 10KW.
>
>I think the diameter of each reactor is supposed to be that of the model 
>shown in the "leaked" photo some time back, which was of 9 cm.
>By the way, I've seen suggested around that this design vaguely reminds 
>that of CANDU nuclear fission reactors (at a much smaller scale). See 
>here: http://www.nucleartourist.com/type/candu2.htm
>
>Cheers,
>S.A.
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/project.html

Reply via email to