Hi,
[snip]
><mix...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>Sunrise offer is also conditional on Brillouin striking preliminary
>> >agreement to acquire at least one “stranded asset” conventional fuel
>> source
>> >small scale (5-10MW) Power Plant, with existing conventional co-gen
>> >equipment, and replacing (retrofitting) old fuel source with Brillouin’s
>> >hot tube NHB™, together with renewal of an operating power purchase or
>> >steam heat contract with an industrial or a utility
>> >
>> >This is inventing a railroad train, using it to transport horses, and then
>> >riding on the horses to get where you want to go.
>>

>I meant that using it in a 50 MW power plant connected to the grid is too
>circuitous. Just use the energy directly for some application. I do not see
>much future in 50 MW electric power generators once cold fusion becomes
>common. You might as well start with the configuration that is likely to
>become common.
>
>They are imposing the restrictions of present-day technology on a future
>technology which works fine without those restrictions. People often do
>this, as I described in my book.
>
>Perhaps a better analogy would be inventing internal combustion engines,
>which allow a vehicle such as a Model T Ford to go anywhere, and then using
>these engines only to power replacements for horsedrawn and electric
>trolley cars, which must run on a fixed track. If you can get rid of the
>track, why keep it? If you can power things directly from a home generator,
>why fool around with a 50 MW generator? I wouldn't even bother with a 1 MW
>unit, such as one might use in a shopping mall.

I think the latter is actually close to what they intend. Note that the article
mentioned a cogen unit. Such units are usually dedicated industrial units, that
are very economical because little energy is wasted. Furthermore that market has
the advantage that licencing is simpler (as Rossi points out).
Once the technology has proven itself safe and viable in a commercial setting
and established itself in the eyes of the public, then they can work toward
smaller distributed units.

>- Jed
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk