Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides that your idea about the funding cuts is silly conspiracy theory
> and if you are throwing such lazy arguments, it will not help the field.

It irks me when people write this! Why does this nonsense about a
"conspiracy" so often come up? Who said anything about a conspiracy?

A conspiracy is surreptitious and organized. The suppression of cold fusion
has been done openly. It is not organized as far as I can tell. If it is
they are not doing a very good job at organizing things.

Let us look at the specific instance we are discussing here: helium
correlation research by Melvin Miles. Miles was a Fellow of the Institute
at China Lake. A "Fellow" means someone who can study any subject he wants,
like a tenured professor. Despite this designation, when he applied for
additional funding to continue the research, they took away his telephone,
they took away his lab privileges, and they reassigned him to work a menial
job as a stockroom clerk. If that is not suppression, what would be?!?

There was nothing secret about it. The person who did this was the head of
the Chemistry Department, Robin A. Nissan. Nissan's memos ordering this
have been circulated, and Miles described the events in several
publications such as this one:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesMisoperibol.pdf (see p. 19)

Every cold fusion researcher I know has been subjected to opposition, and
sometimes extreme harassment.

Saying that cold fusion has not been suppressed is like saying that all
women in the 1950s enjoyed complete equal pay in the workplace and
never experienced sexist discrimination.