Unfortunately, Jed, the accusers of "conspiracy theorizing" may have a
legal leg to stand on given this "plain language" instruction to the jurors
in California civil cases regarding
conspiracy<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(civil)#California_.22Plain_Language.22_jury_instructions_on_conspiracy:_essential_factual_elements>
:

Such an agreement may be made orally or in writing *or implied by the
conduct of the parties*.

Of course, this has little or nothing to do with the connotation play being
made by the accusers -- which is that the person complaining about abuse is
positing that those acting so as to suppress cold fusion research were
meeting in secret to coordinate their actions with the knowledge that cold
fusion should rightfully have been funded.

Basically, I addressed this in "Institutional Incompetence, "Conspiracy
Theories" and Pol
Pot<http://jimbowery.blogspot.com/2011/07/institutional-incompetence-conspiracy.html>
".

If I wanted to concoct a conspiracy theory, it would be that those
suppressing cold fusion research were Satanists who wanted to create
something like the Reign of Terror so they could have lots of human
sacrifices to their Satanic Majesty and saw a golden opportunity, in the
announcement of March 1989, to so-discredit established institutions that
the eventual backlash would be a genocidal rampage against the academic
authorities (hence my reference to "Pol Pot").