Wolf Fischer <[email protected]> wrote:

 Still - didn't SGS have to test this prototype in some way to find out if
> it runs within their safety parameters? How did they run these tests?
>

I think you are right.

I was poking fun at this, but Rossi is quite right to say that his reactor
has been officially tested by someone, and certified to be safe for
experimental purposes. That is a significant accomplishment. It deserves
respect.

It is a gigantic reactor, after all. A typical cold fusion reactor is tiny,
producing a few watts at most. It does not need certification. This gadget
surely does, and let us give Rossi credit for having got it.

I was poking fun at this because I assumed that "certification" means the
government tells you: "you now have the right to sell this device
commercially." This document is far from that!

Perhaps Rossi never actually said he has commercial certification. Perhaps
this is yet another miscommunication. Rossi's affairs are rife with such
confusion.

I think he sometimes says misleading things. He says "certification" giving
the impression it is across-the-board certification, and perhaps he
deliberately refrains from saying it means only "permission to continue
with R&D at this site, with this machine."

- Jed

Reply via email to