Thanks for this answer! Very informative!
On a side note: The shutdownrossi.com site has been deleted. I of course
don't know why, perhaps it has been hacked... ;)
Wolf
Wolf Fischer <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Out of curiosity: Has there ever been a scam in which a safety
certificate from a big and independent organization has been granted?
Interesting question.
I do not know much about scams. I do not have a comprehensive database
of them. Perhaps such a thing exists on the Internet. But anyway, most
of the ones I have read about did not involve any actual
equipment. The machines are just a rumor, a blurred photo, or a
blueprint that the scammer offers to sell people. There was nothing to
certify, so it is not as if a government expert was brought in and
somehow bamboozled. I doubt that could happen.
Many people say there have been scams involving cold fusion. I do not
know of any, and I would probably have heard. I have been approached
by 2 or 3 people who found me because of my connection with cold
fusion, who I thought were either scammers or delusional. They wanted
me to pay money to have a look at a secret machine. These were magic
magnet machines, nothing to do with cold fusion.
I offered one of them $10,000 C.O.D. for a machine delivered to me and
demonstrated on the premises. I never heard from him again. I did not
expect to hear from him again.
Along the same lines, I have also never heard of a scam that might
fool experts such as E&K. Every scam I know of would be instantly
found out by someone of that caliber. I mean they would take one look
inside and instantly see how it actually worked. It would be like
trying to persuade an auto mechanic than an ordinary gasoline motor
was actually an electric motor, or like trying to persuade me that a
sentence written in Korean was actually in Japanese.
Abd has sometimes claimed that academic experimental scientists are
pushovers. They are easily fooled because they are not conditioned to
look for hidden tricks. I doubt it, but one thing is for sure:
experimental scientists know as much about ordinary electrical
components as any electrician or mechanic does. Someone like E&K,
Storms, McKubre, Duncan or Miles can glance at any ordinary machine or
experiment and tell you what every component is and what it does.
These people are, in effect, glorified hands-on mechanics with decades
of experience. They have spent these decades mainly finding
experimental errors, which are far more subtle and difficult to locate
than any trick that a scammer might come up with. No one plays tricks
better than Mother Nature.
It is not as if Rossi was showing his machine to an insurance salesman
or a mass media pundit who has never heard of the difference between
AC and DC power.
- Jed