At 12:25 PM 9/19/2012, Jones Beene wrote:
"If I had a nickel for every time" ...
So ... with that caveat in mind, here's a cheap tip about what to do with
another cheap tip - all those Buffalo coins you've been saving for the meter
... IOW - there is a ready source of Romanowski alloy for Celani type
reactions in your pocket, or center console, as we speak.

The U.S. nickel has been a cupronickel since 1913 and the composition is
rather similar to Constantan:  75% copper 25% nickel with trace amounts of
manganese. Romanowski would approve.

Last year I had a private email from Charles (Chuck) Sites --- who has given me permission to post :

 I was reading Vortex-L and followed your link.  I'm an old cold fusion guy
but pretty much a lurker.  I found your article on Rossi's E-Cat to be very
interesting.

Here is a story about CF, from 1984 with Pons and Flieshman
announced their discovery,  I was a young excited physics student, and
immediately want to test the concept of CF.  I didn't have palladium, nor
deuterium.  So I was looking for an alternative.   I was thinking, Boron has a
very large cross section (Q factor) and B11 could easily cold fuse given the
right  circumstances.   So looking at what I had, what would be a good source
of Ni? Not knowing it's metal makeup I choose an American nickel 5-cent piece.
(75 percent copper, 25 percent Ni) This was the Anode.  A source of Boron,
would be Borax (Na2B4.10H2O).  The cathode, I used graphite.   This was hooked
up to a 65 Watt 5 Volt supply from an IBM PC. To my surprise, the Nickel got
extraordinarily hot.   Too hot to touch, and I melted several plastic p tree
dish before changing to jars.   I was always able to bring pint of water to
80C after running for about 8 hours.

Other metals used for the Anode, showed no indications of even being warm.
(Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Zinc).  So a US 5 cent piece gave great results.
I even had a Geiger counter go off once, but it may have been a cosmic ray.
Given that, I could never really understand how this Nickel got hot without
radiation.  I could never get a theory as to how it worked either, in spite of
the fact that the experiment is very repeatable.