From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am
Subject: [Vo]:Another Rossi error?

Amidst all the hoopla over Rossi's recent hot-cat claims, and the first
retraction - and the notable lack calibration data, or lack of real data -
did Rossi also make a devastating math error?

Last night, in the comments - it looks like Ahern suggests that Rossi's own
calculations are off by four orders of magnitude.  The Stephan-Boltzmann
calculation involve multiplying by the surface are in meters squared It
should be 0.0891 (m^2) not 891 (cm^2). Someone else then implies Rossi made
the correction, but he seems to make a similar error.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/10/update-andrea-rossi-provides-corrected-por
denone-hot-cat-report/

I'm not so sure if there is a real error or not at this stage; since it is
far from clear what Rossi is doing in these calculations: can anyone defend
Rossi's math and explain what he is doing in the "Energy Produced"
calculation ?

After all - if he is getting a COP of 11 at 1000 degrees, then it should
only take a few weeks to "close the loop" by converting that heat to
electricity.