From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat, Oct 13, 2012 12:20 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Another Rossi error?

Well, it’s too badthat Physics Today is giving abit of credence to the field at
the same time this Rossi crap comes out …

It could not be called ‘crap,’and would be easier to believe if Rossi had
included data and did not includethis warning at the top of the document
(ironically labeled as “data”):
DATA
Pleasetake note of the data format: a period  “.” is used toindicate the
decimals and a comma “,” to indicate the thousands,not vice versa as in many
countries; for instance, 2,000.00 means “twothousand point zero hundredths”.
So … although Rossi proclaimsprominently in the same document that a comma
represents thousands, but thereis a period at this important place - so that it
is clearly 3 point 268 (3.268) and not3 thousand +268… yet… [best Jon Stewart
smirk]… we are askednot to think that this period means what it says, but
instead give Rossibenefit of doubt? Why? … because he has been so forthcoming
with the dataJ

Wouldn’t it be a biteasier to give benefit of the doubt if he had included the
data itself alongwith the calibration runs?

As it stands now, AR isgrabbing numbers out of the aether, so to speak –
essentially from nowhere.Same old Rossi. Same old BS.

From:Frank

I am pretty sure the decimal in the first numbershould be a comma. Rossi is
mixing up numbering conventions.

From:David

It looks as though he usedthe conversion factor of .0001 to convert the square
centimeters to squaremeters which is a valid calculation.  I wonder why he does
not include thearea of the end caps in his calculation?  Do you suppose he
wants to beconservative on this one? Error!Filename not specified.

The data is hard tointerpret as usual for Rossi, but the numbers look pretty
good as a start.

Dave
What about the “COP of 3.268/278.4 = 11.7 (eleven pointseven)”
That is “accordingto Rossi”… or is this too a translation error, or in need of
aconversion factor ?
Can Rossi really be thisbig of a fool ?
Or is there a new revision(of the prior revision) that corrects all of this
silliness?