Just to clarify.... a Meteorite is more-or-less a piece, chunk, and/or
remnant of debris that has traveling around in space possibly since the early
cataclysmic formation of  this solar system, or even from another one... and,
how would you know?     So now,          because "It Came From Outerspace"
and quite likely contains significant information about our earthly human
origin, it therefore is of significant value.

I don't remember off-hand what the dollar per-ounce figure is for an
average meteorite, but, it doesn't take much to realize that it's worth a heck
of
alot more than the same amount of earth.... and so, it might be said that
"Earth" may be very common thruout the Galaxies thruout the Universe, and
might not even fetch a plug nickle.

                                                         Now, I'd just like
to finish by saying that " no matter how insignificant "we" might be, I
still feel relatively important & special, and maybe even a legend in my mind.

                        </HTML>