A little mind game, if you wish. ;-)

Let me bring back an excerpt from the James Webb Space Telescope:

"Webb will find the first galaxies that formed in the early Universe,
connecting the Big Bang…"

However, IMO, there appears to be a huge paradox for which I suspect
most of us have been oblivious to when we attempt to comprehend
certain subtle ramifications when attempting to peer back oh so many
billions of years ago - to the alleged existence of those "first
galaxies".

When the Hubble Space Telescope was tasked with trying to discover
what might have existed within what appeared to have been a completely
black patch of space (through the use of very long exposure that too
many days to complete), the telescope returned an image filled with a
huge count of very distant galaxies. These imaged galaxies were tiny
and significantly red-shifted because they were so far away. They were
the earliest galaxies for which the Hubble was capable of imaging. It
was at tremendous eye-popping technological event, even though I
suspect most of us probably didn't grasp the implications of what we
were actually seeing

I'd now like to introduce what seems to me to be rather huge paradox
for which most of us tend to gloss over when we look at these photos:
The photograph implies we will detect countless more of these early
far-away galaxies IN EVERY DIRECTION WE POINT THE HUBBLE TELESCOPE IN.
Now, consider what the significantly smaller diameter of the early
universe must have been way back when ALL of these galaxies were doing
their baby forming thing. Does anyone see a contradiction here? Just
try to calculate how many of these early galaxies must have existed
way back then - 10 billion years ago or more. Do this by first
counting up the number of galaxies imaged from the photo taken by the
Hubble image, and then multiply that estimate over the entire 3-D
sphere that makes up our universe. Now, I'd imagine that is likely to
turn out to be a LOT of early galaxies! …Now, consider the fact that
All of these very early galaxies were supposed to have been snuggled
in next to each other very cozy-like into our early 3-D universe - a
"much younger" universe that was a mere fraction of the size it
currently is calculated to be.

How could they have all fit in a universe that was a mere fraction of
the current volumetric size of the universe?

Another thing. Other than the fact that they were significantly red
shifted, they all looked pretty much like contemporary galaxies.

Perhaps I'll eventually be proven wrong on this point, but these days
I do harbor a few doubts about the BB theory,.

Steven Johnson - DA
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Document Imaging Systems Support
608 264-7601