Widom-Srivastava-Larsen have just replied to the paper by Ciuchi, et al,
critical of Widom-Larsen theory -

Erroneous Wave Functions of Ciuchi et al for Collective Modes in Neutron
Production on Metallic Hydride Cathodes
A. Widom, Y. N. Srivastava, L. Larsen
http://arxiv.org/abs/1210.5212

Abstract:
There is a recent comment (Ciuchi et al., 2012) concerning the theory of
collective many body effects on the neutron production rates in a chemical
battery cathode. Ciuchi et al employ an inverse beta decay expression that
contains a two body amplitude. Only one electron and one proton may exist
in the Ciuchi et al model initial state wave function. A flaw in their
reasoning is that one cannot in reality describe collective many body
correlations with only a two particle wave function. One needs very many
particles to describe collective effects. In the model wave functions of
Ciuchi et al there are no metallic hydrides, there are no cathodes and
there are no chemical batteries. Employing a wave function with only one
electron and one proton is inadequate for describing collective metallic
hydride surface quantum plasma physics in cathodes accurately.

Gigi DiMarco wrote on Tue, 02 Oct 2012 06:24:20 -