Yes.

Leaving aside nightmare scenarios like nanobot infestations and genetically
modified diseases and the rest, sticking strictly to the economic
consequences of computer and mechanical technologies: there's some evidence
we're seeing these effects right now, in the unemployment numbers. I came
up with the image below to suggest the sort of "self-perpetuating" or
"positive feedback" nature of what may be going on.

The image uses a few concepts. One is "reach", by which I mean the ability
of the lucky few winners using modern technology to supply the services
that formerly required the work of many - "reach" is the consequence of the
idea of "scalability" discussed in Taleb's book "The Black Swan". Reach
causes concentration of wealth as the lucky few (e.g. Google) replace the
services previously provided by (e.g.) many local newspapers. The image
also relies on my belief that concentration of wealth in fewer hands tends
to reduce overall economic activity, as explained in the blog entry I
posted here previously. Accepting these ideas, we get the nasty positive
feedback cycle shown in the image.

Jeff