An interview with Hameroff:

Recent evidence in the last five or six years has come down pretty strongly
> on our side. For example, it’s been discovered that photosynthesis—the
> operation in all plants that give rise to our food, to everything we
> eat—utilizes quantum coherence. . . .

If this happens in something as fundamental as photosynthesis, then it’s
> likely to be found throughout biology.

Whoa. Excellent point. I had not thought of that. Once a biological
mechanism evolves it tends to spread far and wide, in surprising ways.

I have been kind of dismissing this hypothesis because of "too hot, too
wet" problem the author cites.