Thoughts on reading the Papp patent - #2.

I have been reading the Papp patent to understand what Papp originally had
in mind and was really doing. It looks to me like no present day
replicators that I know about are doing what Papp did.
As an example from the patent as follows:

*“It is important however that the spark gap 31 of the electrode assembly
extend slightly below the bottom of the two activating cells so that when
the cylinder or chamber is in its collapsed or minimum volume position, the
spark gap extends into the aqueous medium of de-oxygenated water in the
bottom of the chamber. Similarly, it is desirable that the extreme lower
ends of the activating cells contact or are in very close proximity to the
water in the bottom of the chamber when the chamber is in its collapsed
position.”*

This segment of the patent tells me that Papp was producing cavatation in
water when he initiated the spark discharge.

The water reference from the patent:

*“The variable volume chambers may contain a precharge composed of between
10% and 25% of de-oxygenated water by volume,”*

Also from the patent regarding the electrodes as follows:

*"Phosphorus and rubidium and its isotopes are examples of elements adapted
for use in the activating cells 20 and 21…*

*… Mesothorium I or radium D can be used in the activating cells to good
advantage, although they have a shorter half-life than rubidium. Elements
useful in the activating cells are preferably those capable of emitting
electrons, alpha rays, beta rays, gamma rays and x-rays, negative beta rays
being particularly useful since they are directed to exert their force (as
hereafter described) in the direction of the movement of the end wall of
the expanding chamber."*

What we have called the buckets were filled with radioactive elements and
were actually what we think of as the spark discharge electrodes. These
electrodes extend into the water when they produced the cyclic spark
discharge.

Correct me if I am wrong, what the Rohner brothers (and Russ Gries as a
Rohner replicator) are doing have nothing to do with the original Papp
reaction design.

I am confused, am I reading the proper patent? Did Papp change his design
after the patent was awarded?

Cheers:   Axil