I belive it would be better to do a comparison between cells. The idea is
to build four cells: 2 exactly as Celani's; and 2 again exactly as
Celani's, but without active wires. With proper mounting, the four cells
can have wires almost identical (size and initial resistance). Therefore,
they could be powered up in series (only the wires used for heating). In
this case, all cells would receive the same amount of power and should show
about the same internal and external temperatures. Unless of course, as
many would expect, the active cells show excess heat. In this case,
considering the amount of excess heat Celani saw (~12W of excess heat from
48W of input heat), it would be easy to spot the temperature differences
and, therefore, prove that the excess heat came from LERN in the cells with
active wires.

By using two active and two inactive cells, one could rule out other
factors if the inactive cells show the same internal and external
temperatures and the active cells, at the same time, show significantly
higher temperatures in accordance with Celani's calorimetric formulation.

To avoid problems with pressure and gas composition, the cells could also
be connected in series with tubes and receive the gases in series at the
same time. Before power on, valves between cells (open during gas load)
could be used to isolate then to avoid heat transfer via gas.

I believe this approach is much easier and cheaper than flow calorimetry...

Alberto F. De Souza.