Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I maybe be wrong but I think you told us his original plan was to first
> raise the temperature of the cell. That would have been consistent with how
> the E-cat operates,
> which supposedly begins to produce heat at a certain temperature
> but doesn't become (temporarily) self-sustaining until a higher temperature
> is reached.

I do not recall hearing that from Celani. You are saying that Rossi reports
two different critical temperatures? One at which the reaction begins, and
another, higher temperature at which it self-sustains? If that is how it
works, that's interesting.

At ICCF17 Celani said he would insulate the cell so that input power could
be reduced after the reaction turns on, gradually reducing it to zero. In
principle that should work. In practice it might be difficult or even
dangerous, since you cannot easily balance input and output, and it might
overheat or go out of control. Anyway, I have heard that he tried this. He
was able to reduce input considerably. But not all the way down to zero.

That does not prove the effect is an artifact, but it is not good news.
Conversely, if he *had* been able to do that, it *would* prove the effect
is real.