At 03:45 PM 12/22/2012, Harry Veeder wrote:

yeah your right, a leash works on beings with feelings...this thing
doesn't feel.

It could easily be made to feel a leash. But you also want autonomy. I.e., the leader, even if using a leash, which would be connected to a sensor that detect the leash pulling and how it pulls, can't be involved with every footstep.

"Follow close" was actually quite an interesting test. It looks like it has voice recognition software installed. The terms have been programmed, I assume, but I can ask Siri for "Directions to XXX's house," where XXX is in my address book, and it ("she," of the "obsequious voice") works just fine, telling me exactly where to turn, etc.