Ed,

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com>wrote:

> Mark, I don't know if you read my e-mail or not, but I do not post to
> vortex, so this is my way of communicating.
>
> Jed, is right, the effect has been proven beyond doubt.  You are correct
> in stating that the effect has not resulted in a useful product yet.  My
> question is, so what?

So hat?! We have had a number of companies and individuals making
significant claims about productizing something that they contend is
CF/LENR. Much excitement has been generated about this and many people
contend, apparently without much evidence, that we'll have "jam tomorrow."
You might be in it just for the science but if CF/LENR can be turned into a
product it will be, as many people contend, revolutionary.

> What do you propose do do about this?

Er, nothing other than write about it and attempt to figure out who's on to
something and who's simply hyping that market for whatever reasons. Rossi
is a great example of the problem with the CF/LENR world. He's grandiose,
evasive, makes unsubstantiated claims, and generally confuses the picture
all the while promising jam tomorrow.

> Do you propose to ignore the effect and reject the claims

Nope. And I haven't ignored the phenomena. Indeed, I admit that there
appears to be evidence of something remarkable. I just want to find out
what's real and what's fake.

> or to work at getting enough funding so that the effect can be made useful?

Not my job.

> As for a testable theory, dozens of theories have been proposed to explain
> CF. Most are not testable. I have suggested one that provides 12 testable
> predictions. What more do you want?

I'd love to see those tests made.

> Now, money and time must be provided to make the tests. Are you willing to
> encourage such tests?
>
> Sure, to the extent of writing about them if they're done ... I'm not in
the business of fund raising for other people's projects ... I have enough
on my plate as it is. That said, if someone with deep pockets should ask me
what would be a good outlier project to invest in, I'd definitely tell him
or her to talk to Ed Storms.

So, what are you doing about getting funding for you or someone else to
test your theories?

Regards,
Mark.